Geneviève Cantin is part of the fourth generation of lawyers and notaries and the second practicing in the Martel Cantin firm. A litigator specializing in civil, commercial and contractual litigation since 1997, Ms. Cantin has been a partner at Martel Cantin for over twenty years.
Mrs. Cantin has a proven expertise in real estate and construction law dealing with construction legal hypothecs, bonds, tenders, project management, regulatory compliance, contractual follow-up, claims, construction litigation, professional liability, contractual defects, construction defects. Mrs. Cantin represents a significant number of local, national and international owners, contractors and material suppliers in the field of construction.
Her work focuses on liability and insurance, shareholder disputes and contract enforcement, including service contracts. In collaboration with the team, she regularly advises the firm’s clients in all aspects of estate law.Me Cantin plaide régulièrement devant les Tribunaux de la province du Québec et utilise ses compétences en médiation et arbitrage pour privilégier les méthodes alternatives de règlement avant tout litige.
- (Québec Bar) (1997)
- (BA in Law), Université de Montréal (1996)
- Civil, commercial and labor mediator, Barreau du Québec (2011)
- Accredited Mediator, Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Canada (ADR Institute of Canada) (2011)
- Accredited mediator, Quebec Institute of Mediation and Arbitration (IMAQ) (2011)
- Certified arbitrator (2012)
- Certified Arbitrator, Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Canada (ADR Institute of Canada) (2012)
- Accredited arbitrator, Institute of mediation and arbitration of Quebec (IMAQ) (2012)